Friday, May 25, 2012

New Yorker Cartoonist Mick Stevens

Here are some of my favourite Mike Stevens cartoons.

"I know what I said ten minutes ago. That was the old me talking."

"You really think this will work?"

"The gods want olive oil, but it has to be virgin olive oil."

"Any requests, babe, before I call it a night?"


“I began drawing while still a tiny person in Lake Grove, Oregon, and have continued to do so, even in the face of overwhelming evidence of the unlikelyhood of making a living. My first drawing was accepted at The New Yorker in 1979. I immediately moved from San Francisco, where I’d been experimenting with alternative lifestyles and underground comics, to New York. There, I gradually began selling more cartoons and ideas to The New Yorker and eventually received a contract with the magazine.
My work has also appeared in other publications, among them The Harvard Business ReviewBarron’sThe National Law Journal, and USA Weekend. Books published include "If Ducks Carried Guns", "Things Not To Do Today", and "A Mystery, Wrapped in An Enigma, Served On a Bed of Lettuce".
I’m currently living in St. Augustine, Florida, USA.” — Mick Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment