From the AAEC website.
|Cartoon by Adam Zyglis, The Buffalo News|
The members of the Association of American Cartoonists have voted their new executive board:
AAEC Officers 2021-2022
- President: Jen Sorensen, The Nib
- Vice President: Ed Hall, freelance
- Secretary-Treasurer: Monte Wolverton, Cagle Cartoons
- Immediate Past President: Kevin Siers, The Charlotte Observer
- Director: Tim Campbell, Washington Post News Service & Syndication (2nd year)
- Director: Liza Donnelly, The New Yorker (2nd year)
- Director: Gretchen Koch (1st year)
- International Advisor: Patrick Chappatte, freelance
- Digital Editor & cat herder: JP Trostle
- General Manager: Kelsey Maher
For over 60 years, the AAEC — the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists — has been the professional association concerned with promoting the interests of staff, freelance and student editorial cartoonists in North America. This includes political illustrators and the growing field of comics journalists.
We are a network of cartoonists who support the profession of editorial cartooning on all platforms, from print to digital. Our mission is to champion and defend editorial cartooning and free speech as essential to liberty in the United States and throughout the world.
The AAEC works closely with the Cartoonists Rights Network, an international organization looking to publicize oppression and attacks on political cartoonists by foreign governments, and stand with other international groups that support the human, civil, and artistic rights of cartoonists around the world.
We encourage and mentor young editorial cartooning talent, and aim to provide a common meeting ground for cartoonists of all political persuasions to exchange views, meet socially, and showcase creative and technological innovation.